Why have my doctor and I never heard anything about it?
The original concept and technology for the GyroStimTM was created in 2003 from the desperate desire of a family to help their daughter. Kevin Maher, inventor of the GyroStim, converted his unconventional ideas into a better way to provide the increasing rehabilitation needs of his daughter safely and efficiently. It worked.
Many years of development and prototypes later, the GyroStimTM attracted the attention of medical professionals, top athletes and countless people from all walks of life, in search of an active method that tackled the problem at its roots, instead of the traditional passive approach of merely fighting the symptoms.
Independent clinical investigators and people whose lives have been significantly affected by the GyroStim continue to share their experiences with relief, recovery and a regained quality of life; this success has now resulted in great public interest and media coverage.
- Quiet, smooth and safe. Patients can relax comfortably while the multi-axis rotation profiles of the GyroStimTM are performed with precision.
- Individually customized profiles can be easily created, stored, modified and repeated with precision — to meet the exact needs of the patient in question.
- Computer-controlled drive systems provide the precision and capability required by the many large automated profiles that are available in the GyroStimTM.
- Joystick operation — by physician or patient. Administer spontaneous physiotherapy to the patient via the wireless joystick, or hand the joystick to the patient so he can experience the freedom and possibilities and at the pace and comfort he finds pleasant. The multi-axis rotations can run in the safe, controlled environment of the GyroStimTM.
- User-friendly software controls the movement parameters, including rotational direction, acceleration, rotational speed, delay, duration of each step, number of steps and duration of the profile — which provides unprecedented versatility and control of the therapy methods.
- Protecting the health and safety of patients, users and third parties is our highest priority. The GyroStimTM was designed to guarantee patient and user safety with the help of the proper equipment and programs. Protecting the health and safety of patients, users and third parties is our highest priority. The GyroStimTM was designed to guarantee patient and user safety with the help of the proper equipment and programs.
- Adjustable design for use by persons up to more than 2.15 m and 180 kg.